Sunday, January 3, 2010

When Life Hands You Lemons.. Do Letterpress!

For the month of January I will be interning at the legendary Hatch Show Print in Nashville TN, and I can't tell you how excited and thankful I am to be doing this. I applied for this position back in the fall, and to my great delight I was accepted. I decided to keep a blog during my time here so that I can share this awesome experience with others. So expect to see LOTS of photos, watch a video or 2 and read details about what it's like to work at Hatch Show Print. I hope you enjoy reading.


I'd like to share a snippet from my cover letter. I feel that it sums up my thoughts and attitudes towards letterpress and Hatch Show Print quite well...

I am so eager to experience all that is Hatch Show Print. I want to work alongside the best minds in the field of letterpress and absorb everything about it. I want to experience the sights, the smells, the sounds… I want to breath in dirt from century old wood type, I want to shake Jim Sherraden’s hand, and meet all the people that keep this American institution alive and running. I want to understand what it must be like to have the best job on earth. I want to experience what it is like to work at Hatch Show Print.

Thank you! Happy reading..

2 comments:

  1. This gal can write! That graph from your letter to Hatch made me get a shiver. Unalloyed passion makes great writing (and living). 2 Thumbs Up!

    ReplyDelete